Trump Defends Free Speech on College Campuses at CPAC 2019
Posted by The Millennial Press on March 2, 2019 4:08 pm
Tags: Campus Reform, CPAC, CPAC 2019, Democrat, Donald Trump, Fist Amendment, Free Speech, Hayden Williams, Republican, Socialist, Trump
Categories: News Opinion
Free speech is something many take for granted, yet it has been under assault for quite some time now on college campuses throughout this great nation of ours. College campuses used to be the place for free thought and the free exchange of ideas, a place where it was possible to “offend” others without worrying about receiving an unexpected punch to the face much like Hayden Williams did on the campus of UC Berkeley.
Hayden was working as a representative from the group Turning Point USA taking part in their campus outreach program when he was approached by a snowflake as we like to call them – someone who was offended by the fact that Hayden was simply exercising his right to free speech. After approaching Hayden the assailant who has since been identified and arrested by police outright punched him in the face.
This is just a microcosm of what is going on on college campuses throughout the country and many seem to have no problem with it whatsoever. There have been countless interviews conducted throughout the country in which college students go on camera openly discounting such attacks because they feel that these individuals like Hayden deserve to be assaulted simply for exercising their right to free speech. What is more ironic is that these individuals that essentially condone this type of behavior claim to be tolerant and understanding. I guess it’s safe to say the in these cases the loudest voices for tolerance come from some of the most intolerant people.
Trump Stands up for Free Speech on College Campuses
It has surely taken quite some time to get to this point, but we finally have a President willing to address the issues many face on college campuses when it comes to free speech. Today at CPAC President Trump outlined his plan to issue an executive order that would hold college campuses accountable when it comes to defending their students right to free speech or face consequences.
“We reject oppressive speech codes, censorship, political correctness and every other attempt by the hard left to stop people from challenging ridiculous and dangerous ideas. These ideas are dangerous,” Trump said. “Instead we believe in free speech, including online and including on campus.”
“Today I’m proud to announce that I will be very soon signing an executive order requiring colleges and universities to support free speech if they want federal research grants.”
Our first amendment right to free speech is under attack on college campuses throughout the country, it is up to us to ensure that free speech remains alive and gives students and every single American citizen the ability to openly discuss their thoughts and opinions without the fear of reprisal. Whether the left likes it or not “hate speech” as they like to call it is not illegal – and the more they classify principled conservative talking points as hate speech the more we will fight and we will win!
One response to Trump Defends Free Speech on College Campuses at CPAC 2019
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- 176,966 hits
- Former Trump Aide Publishes Almost 10,000 Hunter Biden Laptop Photos Online – Includes Never Before Seen Photos
- Nearly 10,000 photos from Hunter Biden's laptop released online
- Harris to deliver commencement address at West Point
- Report: Jamie Foxx Allegedly Paralyzed and Blinded Due to ‘Blood Clot in His Brain’ Following COVID-19 Shot, Veteran Hollywood Journalist Claims (VIDEO)
- Prince William seemingly tells talkative Kate Middleton to hurry at Jordan’s royal wedding
- Victoria Nuland Inciting WWIII With Russia
- Former Trump White House Aide Publishes Hunter Biden Laptop Photos: Now They're on a Website Anyone Can Access
- Dingell: I Might Risk Depression to Protect Environment on Permit Reforms
- HE’S SHOT: Joe Biden Needs Directions to Find the Stage During Air Force Commencement Address in Colorado Springs (VIDEO)
- Revealed: Karine Jean-Pierre Cried Out “Jesus!” When Reporter Asked John Kirby About Joe Biden’s Corruption Allegations, But White House Transcript Censored “Jesus!” Remark
- Bryan Kohberger indicted in Idaho student murders
- Nashville suspects in attack on college student have lengthy rap sheets
- Air Force vet identified as Zodiac Killer suspect but FBI didn’t act on DNA proof, group claims
- Fauci, Scientists With Ties to Chinese Laboratory Briefed Intelligence Officials on Origins of COVID-19: Documents
- Ex-Navy officer Nicholas James Kassotis charged with murder after wife’s dismembered body found
- US Marshals arrest the second inmate who escaped from a Philadelphia prison earlier this month
- LIVE 3 PM ET: Press Conference on Surrender of US Sovereignty to the World Health Organization
- Bryan Kohberger indicted over University of Idaho murders — paving way for trial
- Sword-bearing man was running at Massachusetts police in ‘full sprint’ before being shot, according to report
- Massachusetts Governor Healey Celebrates AANHPI Heritage Month
muunyayo March 3rd, 2019 at 1:49 am
Reblogged this on Muunyayo.