Atlanta Suburb Files ‘Divorce Papers’ — Set to Secede Due to Skyrocketing Crime Rates
Posted by The Millennial Press on June 20, 2021 10:04 pm
Tags: Atlanta, Buckhead, looting, rioting
Categories: Communism Marxist BLM News Socialism
The Atlanta suburb of Buckhead is filing their ‘divorce papers’ in an actual attempt to secede from the city of Atlanta. As with most democrat-run cities across the country, Atlanta is moving to push the ‘woke’ ideologies on their constituents.
Atlanta mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms is actually more concerned with designating all city bathrooms to be ‘all gender’ than she is about the ever-growing crime problem.
What pushed the suburb of Buckhead to the breaking point was a recent shooting of a father of three who was simply out for a morning jog.
That is just a literal fraction of the crime that is taking place in this Atlanta suburb.
Another shooting at Lenox Mall. Buckhead will secede from Atlanta any day now. pic.twitter.com/RFQWzb1bLg
— Anthony Brian Logan (ABL) 🇺🇸 (@ANTHONYBLOGAN) June 14, 2021
Homicides in Atlanta are up 58% so far this year over last year. Crime is so out of control in the ATL that residents of Buckhead are considering seceding from the city. https://t.co/rett8sOyBa
— Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) June 14, 2021
They Turned Buckhead Into Gotham.
— Zone 3 Rich Paul (@BigJocATL) June 14, 2021
The Daily Mail reports:
A leader in the movement for the wealthy Atlanta suburb of Buckhead to secede from the city has blasted the mayor over rising crime in the area, saying a ‘divorce’ is inevitable.
‘We filed our divorce papers at the city of Atlanta and our divorce is final,’ said Bill White, the CEO of the Buckhead City Committee, in an interview with Fox News on Thursday.
White slammed Atlanta city leadership, including Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, accusing her of ignoring soaring crime in Buckhead and presiding over a demoralized and underfunded police department.
It follows a shocking shooting in Buckhead on June 5, when father-of-three Andrew Worrell was struck twice by bullets while jogging at around 8.35am. He survived and has since been released from hospital to recover at home.
‘They are just not paying attention to the crime. The leadership vacuum is substantial,’ White said of Atlanta’s elected officials.
‘I don’t like saying anything bad about Mayor Bottoms. I’m sure she is a nice human being … but she has completely let our officers down,’ he added.
‘They feel demoralized, underpaid, underrecognized and being told not to fight crime in the way they would like to,’ added White.
‘We love the Atlanta police department but we’ll form Buckhead City with its own police department, with significantly greater presence on the streets.’
A spokesperson for Mayor Bottoms did not immediately respond to an inquiry from DailyMail.com on Thursday evening regarding rising crime rates in Buckhead.
Bottoms, who was on President Joe Biden’s shortlist of potential VP picks, has remained active on other fronts this week, on Wednesday signing an order declaring all of Atlanta’s city-owned bathroom ‘all-gender’.
The crime spike in Buckhead so far this year has alarmed residents. Through last week, aggravated assaults were up 52 percent in the wealthy enclave, compared to a rise of 26 percent citywide, according to an analysis of police data by WXIA-TV.
Robberies citywide were up just 2 percent, but in Buckhead they are up 39 percent, while larceny from automobiles rose 40 percent in Buckhead and 27 percent citywide.
‘The people of Buckhead have had enough,’ said White. ‘The criminals here feel emboldened.’
White estimated nearly 80 percent of his community will vote in favor of the separation from Atlanta in a referendum expected to reach the ballot next year.
Currently, a bill authorizing the referendum has been introduced in the Georgia House of Representatives, and the legislature will be able to vote on it in the 2022 session.
Atlanta officials have opposed the idea to separate the wealthy, largely white neighborhood from the rest of Atlanta, which is predominantly black, arguing it would siphon away much of the city’s tax base and, in turn, its budget.
Buckhead’s population is 73.5 percent white and 23.9 percent black. This compares to the wider Atlanta population which is 50.7 percent black and 38 percent white, according to census data.
Data analysis shows that Buckhead’s population accounts for 20 percent of Atlanta’s population, but more than 40 per cent of the city’s assessed property value.
The tipping point for many Buckhead residents was the shooting attack on Worrell earlier this month.
Worrell was shot twice by a ‘mentally ill’ man who police say also opened fire on two other people and mowed down a neighbor with his car.
Atlanta police arrested and charged 22-year-old Gaelen Newsom with attempted murder, three counts of aggravated assault and two counts of possession of a firearm during a crime in connection with the weekend crime spree.
His wife Anne Worrell appeared on Fox News on Tuesday, telling host Tucker Carlson that she never imagined violent crime would ‘really be knocking on my door’.
Asked if what happened to her husband felt like part of a bigger pattern, Anne agreed.
‘It does. We’ve been saying for the past year 18 months that it just feels like it’s creeping in closer and closer to the neighborhoods,’ she said.
‘I mean it’s been in Buckhead but it just feels like it’s getting closer and closer and I never imagined that it would really be knocking on my door like this but I think this is one reason why the citizens of Buckhead are very disturbed by this because we all feel violated.’
- 176,958 hits
- Former Trump Aide Publishes Almost 10,000 Hunter Biden Laptop Photos Online – Includes Never Before Seen Photos
- Nearly 10,000 photos from Hunter Biden's laptop released online
- Harris to deliver commencement address at West Point
- Report: Jamie Foxx Allegedly Paralyzed and Blinded Due to ‘Blood Clot in His Brain’ Following COVID-19 Shot, Veteran Hollywood Journalist Claims (VIDEO)
- Victoria Nuland Inciting WWIII With Russia
- Dingell: I Might Risk Depression to Protect Environment on Permit Reforms
- Former Trump White House Aide Publishes Hunter Biden Laptop Photos: Now They're on a Website Anyone Can Access
- Post-socialist revolution Venezuela weaponizing HUNGER to control starving population
- Joe Biden Bumps His Head While Exiting Marine One After Taking Massive Fall!
- SOURCES: Jamie Foxx was forced against his will to get covid jabbed for movie, then developed debilitating blood clot in his brain
- Bryan Kohberger indicted in Idaho student murders
- Nashville suspects in attack on college student have lengthy rap sheets
- Air Force vet identified as Zodiac Killer suspect but FBI didn’t act on DNA proof, group claims
- Fauci, Scientists With Ties to Chinese Laboratory Briefed Intelligence Officials on Origins of COVID-19: Documents
- Ex-Navy officer Nicholas James Kassotis charged with murder after wife’s dismembered body found
- US Marshals arrest the second inmate who escaped from a Philadelphia prison earlier this month
- LIVE 3 PM ET: Press Conference on Surrender of US Sovereignty to the World Health Organization
- Bryan Kohberger indicted over University of Idaho murders — paving way for trial
- Sword-bearing man was running at Massachusetts police in ‘full sprint’ before being shot, according to report
- Massachusetts Governor Healey Celebrates AANHPI Heritage Month
Leave a Reply