Fact Checkers Correct Meme — Nancy Pelosi Is Worth ONLY $97 Million Dollars
Posted by The Millennial Press on June 22, 2021 2:41 pm
Tags: Nancy Pelosi, Net Worth, pelosi, Politifact, Speaker Pelosi
Categories: Communism News Opinion Socialism
The lunacy of the so-called “fact-checkers” knows no bounds as they have fact-checked a meme about Speaker Nancy Pelosi net worth.
A meme with a source. Nancy Pelosi’s net worth in 2018 is estimated at a cool $120.0 million, and we have details of how she earned it. pic.twitter.com/beqaZWrLvW
— gator (@smoothbs) August 27, 2018
A meme has circulated around the internet claiming Nancy Pelosi’s net worth to be somewhere in the realm of $197 million dollars. This is in fact quite believable given the fact that countless numbers of politicians have made a fortune off of being in politics.
Being the incessant moronic liberals they are at PolitiFact they felt the need to correct this obvious error in the meme.
The irony is that they allegedly corrected the error in her net worth and brought it down to a meager $97 million dollars. Granted this is the said net worth between her and her husband, but I’m sure they aren’t hurting.
How rich is House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.? A post making the rounds on social media offers a number that’s way off.
The post, which features a picture of Pelosi gesturing, says: “Annual salary: $193,400. Time in office: 28 years = $5,415,200. Net worth: $196,299,990. ‘Something is wrong with this picture’ — Nancy Pelosi.”
The meme’s point is that Pelosi is a modestly paid public servant who has nonetheless collected almost a fifth of a billion dollars in net worth, presumably by corrupt means. That interpretation, and the facts underlying it, are badly flawed.
The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)
The post said Pelosi’s net worth is $196,299,990.
That’s not accurate. Net worth is defined as assets minus liabilities. Congressional disclosure forms don’t provide a precise number, but the midpoint of produces a net worth for Pelosi of $97 million, which is a fraction of the number claimed in the meme. And the bulk of that has come from decades of investment activity by her husband — not because of corruption, as the meme implies.
We rate the statement False.
UPDATE: This article has been updated to reflect an additional scenario a reader suggested for estimating Pelosi’s net worth. The rating remains the same.
The irony of it all is just how many of the so-called social justice warriors that came to Pelosi’s defense claiming she is only worth however many millions they claim she’s worth.
I guess income inequality is ok with the SJW’s so long as it’s people they agree should have tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars to their name.
Don't believe in memes, people, especially if it's about Nancy Pelosi's net worth https://t.co/42S5YJk5iJ
— dimplasm🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇸 (@dimplasm) March 17, 2021
PolitiFact | No, Nancy Pelosi's net worth is not $196 millionhttps://t.co/S4uFiSWtVk
Pelosi's husband Paul is a businessman in real estate and venture capital, and the couple's net worth stems largely from his investments. The meme's salary figure for Nancy Pelosi isn't …
— Royce Stevens (@rfoxfire) October 22, 2020
Another fake meme!! What a surprise!! Might wanna google that one too. Oh and while you’re at it, how her net worth is $29M (HINT: has nothing to do with her being a senator).
— Heat and Humidity (@leastcmplicated) December 22, 2018
- 176,958 hits
- Former Trump Aide Publishes Almost 10,000 Hunter Biden Laptop Photos Online – Includes Never Before Seen Photos
- Nearly 10,000 photos from Hunter Biden's laptop released online
- Harris to deliver commencement address at West Point
- Report: Jamie Foxx Allegedly Paralyzed and Blinded Due to ‘Blood Clot in His Brain’ Following COVID-19 Shot, Veteran Hollywood Journalist Claims (VIDEO)
- Former Trump White House Aide Publishes Hunter Biden Laptop Photos: Now They're on a Website Anyone Can Access
- Dingell: I Might Risk Depression to Protect Environment on Permit Reforms
- Victoria Nuland Inciting WWIII With Russia
- Blake Treinen denounces Dodgers' endorsement of anti-Christian bigotry: 'My convictions in Jesus Christ will always come first'
- Post-socialist revolution Venezuela weaponizing HUNGER to control starving population
- Joe Biden Bumps His Head While Exiting Marine One After Taking Massive Fall!
- Bryan Kohberger indicted in Idaho student murders
- Nashville suspects in attack on college student have lengthy rap sheets
- Air Force vet identified as Zodiac Killer suspect but FBI didn’t act on DNA proof, group claims
- Fauci, Scientists With Ties to Chinese Laboratory Briefed Intelligence Officials on Origins of COVID-19: Documents
- Ex-Navy officer Nicholas James Kassotis charged with murder after wife’s dismembered body found
- US Marshals arrest the second inmate who escaped from a Philadelphia prison earlier this month
- LIVE 3 PM ET: Press Conference on Surrender of US Sovereignty to the World Health Organization
- Bryan Kohberger indicted over University of Idaho murders — paving way for trial
- Sword-bearing man was running at Massachusetts police in ‘full sprint’ before being shot, according to report
- Massachusetts Governor Healey Celebrates AANHPI Heritage Month
Leave a Reply