Fact Checkers Correct Meme — Nancy Pelosi Is Worth ONLY $97 Million Dollars
The lunacy of the so-called “fact-checkers” knows no bounds as they have fact-checked a meme about Speaker Nancy Pelosi net worth.
A meme with a source. Nancy Pelosi’s net worth in 2018 is estimated at a cool $120.0 million, and we have details of how she earned it. pic.twitter.com/beqaZWrLvW
— gator (@smoothbs) August 27, 2018
A meme has circulated around the internet claiming Nancy Pelosi’s net worth to be somewhere in the realm of $197 million dollars. This is in fact quite believable given the fact that countless numbers of politicians have made a fortune off of being in politics.
Being the incessant moronic liberals they are at PolitiFact they felt the need to correct this obvious error in the meme.
The irony is that they allegedly corrected the error in her net worth and brought it down to a meager $97 million dollars. Granted this is the said net worth between her and her husband, but I’m sure they aren’t hurting.
How rich is House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.? A post making the rounds on social media offers a number that’s way off.
The post, which features a picture of Pelosi gesturing, says: “Annual salary: $193,400. Time in office: 28 years = $5,415,200. Net worth: $196,299,990. ‘Something is wrong with this picture’ — Nancy Pelosi.”
The meme’s point is that Pelosi is a modestly paid public servant who has nonetheless collected almost a fifth of a billion dollars in net worth, presumably by corrupt means. That interpretation, and the facts underlying it, are badly flawed.
The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)
The post said Pelosi’s net worth is $196,299,990.
That’s not accurate. Net worth is defined as assets minus liabilities. Congressional disclosure forms don’t provide a precise number, but the midpoint of produces a net worth for Pelosi of $97 million, which is a fraction of the number claimed in the meme. And the bulk of that has come from decades of investment activity by her husband — not because of corruption, as the meme implies.
We rate the statement False.
UPDATE: This article has been updated to reflect an additional scenario a reader suggested for estimating Pelosi’s net worth. The rating remains the same.
The irony of it all is just how many of the so-called social justice warriors that came to Pelosi’s defense claiming she is only worth however many millions they claim she’s worth.
I guess income inequality is ok with the SJW’s so long as it’s people they agree should have tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars to their name.
Don't believe in memes, people, especially if it's about Nancy Pelosi's net worth https://t.co/42S5YJk5iJ
— dimplasm🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇸 (@dimplasm) March 17, 2021
PolitiFact | No, Nancy Pelosi's net worth is not $196 millionhttps://t.co/S4uFiSWtVk
Pelosi's husband Paul is a businessman in real estate and venture capital, and the couple's net worth stems largely from his investments. The meme's salary figure for Nancy Pelosi isn't …
— Royce Stevens (@rfoxfire) October 22, 2020
Another fake meme!! What a surprise!! Might wanna google that one too. Oh and while you’re at it, how her net worth is $29M (HINT: has nothing to do with her being a senator).
— Heat and Humidity (@leastcmplicated) December 22, 2018
- 124,522 hits
- KASH PATEL Fires Warning Shot: “Wait Til You See the Acts of Sexual Complicity that the 7th Floor of the FBI was Engaging In” (VIDEO)
- In Another Blow to Democrats – 69% of American Voters Oppose Child Porn Books in School Libraries
- Joe Biden Falsely Claims Lightning Strike Destroyed Most of His Home During Remarks to Hurricane Ian Victims (VIDEO)
- Disney Cancels Its New Release of “Little Demon” About a Woman Impregnated by Satan and Her Antichrist Daughter
- Shocking Video Shows FBI Arresting Pro-Life Advocate at Home for Saving Babies From Abortions
- Markell Hope killed trying to do handstand on balcony during Hurricane Ian
- King Charles III reign: New national anthem, new money, new stamps and new postboxes
- Coast Guard locates 55 Cuban migrants off Florida coast, sends them back to country
- Major corporations cite Chicago's surging crime, make plans to exit