If the USA Women’s Soccer Team Got Off Their Knees Maybe They Wouldn’t Be Playing for the Bronze
If the social justice warrior USA women’s soccer team wasn’t so concerned with kneeling maybe they wouldn’t be playing for the bronze medal at the Tokyo Olympics.
It’s become abundantly clear that these Olympics don’t mean much to many of our USA athletes. While we are still among the top countries in the medal count it is safe to say that the energy that typically surrounds the Olympics just isn’t there.
Since the opening ceremony of the Olympics last week, NBC has been busy negotiating with anxious advertisers, offering ways to make up for the games’ steep drop in viewers, people familiar with the matter say.
Haggling over “make-goods” isn’t unusual in TV. But the discussions show that NBC’s ambitious Olympics effort from Tokyo is drawing a smaller audience than the broadcaster or advertisers expected. With the coverage nearing its halfway point, average nightly viewership through Tuesday was down 42% from the 2016 Summer Games across all of NBC’s outlets.
A decline through the second week threatens to eat into the revenue that NBCUniversal counts on to cover expenses and turn a profit from the games. The company, part of Comcast Corp., sold more than $1.25 billion in commercials for this year’s Olympics, a record. It’s paying about $1.1 billion for the broadcast rights.
“It’s disappointing to see how far the viewership is off from five years ago but it’s not entirely surprising,” said Dave Campanelli, chief investment officer at the ad buying company Horizon Media.
The decline from the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro partly reflects the long-running drop in traditional TV audiences, which have been lured away by streaming. And while sports ratings have bounced back this year from 2020, many events are down from pre-pandemic levels.
The Gateway Pundit chronicled the USA’s pathetic loss to Canada:
No gold for the kneelers–
The US Women’s soccer team was knocked out of the Olympics today by Canada in a 1-0 defeat.
— ABC News (@ABC) August 2, 2021
Wow. The women's soccer team really blew it AGAIN. Losing to Canada ? Probably SORE KNEES from all their KNEELING. I love it when America wins the Gold—but the "bronze" lining here is we won't see as much of the purple hair chick MEG @mPinoe during the "off season" pic.twitter.com/DNJdnFMxMl
— Greg Kelly The PROJECT is a Secret (@gregkellyusa) August 2, 2021
More… The kneelers will now play for the bronze.
— The New York Times (@nytimes) August 2, 2021
Olympics Latest: Canada beats US women in soccer semis; USA's Jade Carey wins gold on floor exercise https://t.co/dnCJq9N1KL
— St. Louis Post-Dispatch (@stltoday) August 2, 2021
Do you agree that it’s time our athletes focus more on their sport than their social justice campaigns?
Please let me know in the comments below!
- 228,001 hits
- Twitter suspends viral 'Erica Marsh' account after people question whether it is a fake
- Morning Report — GOP debaters punch toward Iowa
- PA Must Reform Its Judicial Selection System
- NY Lawmaker Claims "Smoking Gun" In NYC Migrant Voter Fraud Scheme
- Disney announces new residential community under construction in North Carolina
- Western Academia Is Just As Morally And Intellectually Corrupt As Congress, If Not Worse
- State Department faces lawsuit from conservative media over funding 'censorship scheme'
- “Literally, I Was Shaking” – CNN Leftist Commentator Van Jones Rattled After Vivek Ramaswamy Exposes the Democrats’ Sinister Scheme to Replace Native-Born Americans (VIDEO)
- German judge lets 8 men who gang-raped girl walk free
- Embattled St. Louis gender clinic sues Missouri attorney general over patient records request